Our skin suffers day by day due the pollution and the damage of UV and free radicals. Upon their impact, the skin tends to lose its elasticity and firmness over time. You can repair your skin with proper sleep, as research shows that skin cell turnover is 8 times faster during bedtime. That is why, the best time to apply facial skin care creams is when you go to sleep. You should also know that all beauty treatments work best when done in a relaxed frame of mind. Here is how you can support your skin’s rejuvenation and restoration process with some amazing and powerful homemade night creams.
- White/Green Tea Night Cream
- You should combine 25 oz of pure beeswax with 1 oz almond oil, 1 oz coconut oil, 1 tsp of Rose hip seed oil in a double boiler, allowing it to melt.
- Meanwhile take a cup of warm water and let a packet of green/white tea seep for a few minutes. Pour this mixture to the double boiler and mix.
- Once the beeswax melts let it cool for a minute or two and then strain through a fine sieve.
- Whip this strained mixture using a hand blender until you reach a smooth, fluffy consistency.
- Store in a cool, dark place.
- First, wash your face, pat dry and apply over skin in circular motions, until it is absorbed completely. Do this before you go to bed.
- The next morning, wash off with cold water.
- Apple Night Cream
- Cut an apple into small cubes and blend them with 2 tsp of olive oil or grapeseed oil or rose oil or almond oil until it reaches a smooth consistency.
- Pour it in a double boiler and mix until the mixture is warm.
- Remove from boiler and let it cool.
- Once the mixture cools down add 2 tsp of rose water.
- You can also add honey, cinnamon, nutmeg or turmeric to this mixture, especially if you are suffering from acne.
- Put your cream in a sterile container and store it in your refrigerator.
- Wash your face, pat dry and apply the cream on your face.
- Let it dry for 10 minutes before getting into bed.
- In the morning, wash your face with cool water.
- Olive Oil Night Cream
- Mix 1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil, 1 tsp of coconut oil and 1 tsp of beeswax in a small saucepan.
- Heat on low temperature until the mixture starts melting.
- Let it cool and while it gets a creamy soft texture.
- Add a couple of Vitamin E capsules into your cream.
- If you want you can also add a few drops of essential oil like Ylang Ylang, Lavender, Lemon, Tea Tree, Myrrh or Carrot Seed.
- Store in a sterile container in a dry place.
- Before applying the cream, wash your face and pat dry.
- Rub in a circular motion, massaging the cream on your skin.
- The next morning, wash off with a gentle cleanser.