I’m sure you simply adore pineapples. They’re juicy, tasty and absolutely delicious! Yum! It’s great you love them, because they are also extremely healthy for you. This fruit contains various vitamins and nutrients and enzymes (B vitamins, A vitamin, manganese, copper, calcium, phosphorous, potassium). You should consume some slices daily. Here is why:
- Strengthens the immune system. Adding just one cup of pineapple to your diet, your body will be able to fight off common infections, such as flu and the common cold.
- Decreases blood pressure. This exotic fruit has the ability to help you maintain a healthy blood pressure. This is possible because it is rich in potassium, which is a powerful tool for lowering high blood pressure.
- Has anti-inflammatory properties. Pineapple helps people who suffer from arthritis or any other swelling in the joints, due to the bromelain, which is known for its ability to combat inflammation in the joints.
- Makes your skin shiny. Collagen which is great for your skin is found in pineapple. Consuming this fruit you’ll improve the look of your skin and restore your youthful glow.
- Improves digestion. Being high in fiber, pineapple helps to clean out the colon. That is why you’ll be able to reduce constipation and gas.
- Makes your vision better. Those who suffer from macular degeneration, a condition that deteriorates the health of the eyes, should eat more pineapple as it contains beta carotene, which comes to help your vision.
- Strengthens your bones. As it is very rich in calcium, pineapple is able to improve the health of your bones.
- Exfoliates the skin. Eating more pineapple, you’ll lower the amount of dead skin cells that accumulate on your body.
- Makes your hair stronger. Pineapple is also able to restore the health of your hair.