By keeping your body in an alkaline state you will reduce the risk of suffering from chronic diseases. All you have to do for this is to eat foods that help you in this regard. Everything we eat has a direct impact on the PH levels in our body. Some foods are more alkaline than others. In order to keep your body in alkaline state you should eat a diet of 60-80% alkaline-forming foods and 20-40% acid-forming foods. The list of alkaline foods below will help you to decide on the proper diet which will help you fight against many diseases.
Top 6 Alkaline Foods
- Lemon it’s the most alkalizing food of all. Lemon will also help you fight against colds and flu due to the high amount of vitamin C, is a good liver detoxifier, destroys intestinal worms and has great anti-cancer properties.
- Coconut oil is the only cooking oil that isn’t acidic, it’s alkaline. It contains fatty acid that has great medicinal properties and the healthy saturated fats helps improve blood cholesterol levels.
- Pineapple is an alkaline tropical fruit, often used as a natural remedy for treating cough, colds, toothache, arthritis and digestive disorders.
- Carrot provides many health benefits and it is good for your vision as beta-carotene has almost 40% lower risk of macular degeneration.
- Beets are great for cleansing the body, providing energy to treating depression.
- Cinnamon is rich in calcium, iron, manganese and fiber. It helps lower cholesterol, regulate blood sugar, treat yeast infection, prevent cancer, relieve arthritis and boost brain function.
More Alkaline Foods: apple, avocado, apricot, banana, figs, grapes, lime, tangerine, watermelon, green beans, cauliflower, parsnips, onions, tomatoes, celery, garlic, cucumber, broccoli, peas, mushrooms, cabbage, eggplant, sprouts, spinach, green peas, sea veggies.
Alkaline Spices and Seasonings: ginger, mustard, curry, tamari, chili pepper.
Acid-forming foods that don’t have to exceed 20-40% from your daily diet:
- Soft drinks
- Fried food
- Dried fruits
- Almond milk
- Pecan nuts, peanuts, walnuts and cashews
- Avocado oil
- Olive oil